As part of our recent trip to Egypt, Fizzstah and I took the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Cairo. The trip was organised by Meeting Point and I believe the trip represented good value for money. I had visited Cairo as part of my honeymoon almost 20-years ago but this was the first trip to the city for Fizzstah.
Day In Cairo Inteniary
- Collection from hotel in Hurghada at 0430 hrs
- Transfer to Hurghada Airport for an internal flight to Cairo
- Transfer from Cairo Airport to Egyptian Museum
- Entry Fee into the museum. A two and half hour tour with an experienced guide who spoke very good English.
- 45 minutes free time to tour the Egyptian Museum solo
- City Tour By Mini Bus – Showing the highlights of Cairo and opportunities to stop for photographs at Mohamed Ali Mosque, Manial Palace Museum, Mosque and Madrasa of Sultan Hassan and views across the River Nile.
- Entry into the Gizeh Plateau to view the Great Pyramids
- Enjoy a buffet lunch with the Great Sphinx and Valley Temple, as a backdrop (food is included in the price but you pay for your drinks).
- Entry into the Great Sphinx and Valley Temple
- Travel to the Khan el-Khalili bazaar, Egypt’s oldest and perhaps most colourful souk, and marvel at the stores offering leather, brassware, gold, perfumes and spices/
- Stop at a local cafe/bar and enjoy an early evening refreshment.
- Transfer back to the airport allowing you to view the River Nile by night.
- Internal flight from Cairo to Hurghada
- Collection by minibus and transfer back to hotel in Hurghada
The sights and the sounds of the location are truly amazing, nothing short of fascinating! The Pyramids were built by slaves without the use of diggers, cranes or any modern technology. The archaeological site is the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
When you stop for lunch you will have the Great Sphinx of Giza as your backdrop and that is a truly special experience. You will feel fully immersed in history.
For this trip, we paid £173 per person. This might not be the cheapest of trips but I feel that the itinerary is comprehensive and represent value for money. The day is long with but it is very ENJOYABL! However be prepared to witness some pretty reckless driving in the city of Cairo!
If you get the chance to visit Egypt then I highly recommend that you book this day trip. This day out provided an opportunity for us to get more wonderful pictures so that we can prepare for the 2019 Travel Calendar. In the meantime do not forget that the 2017 limited edition Travel Calendar is now on sale.